WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

HALLOWEEN GOTH DOLL

 Hi All,

It's Halloween time! I already got started on a new doll for my Halloween porch collection. I've written about these before. I get a "porcelain" doll from the thrift store and turn it into a zombie/goth doll. 

So far, I have 4 "zombie/goth" dolls, and one baby demon doll.



(I keep the baby demon in a cage with some rats)

Here's the doll when I bought it ($5) at Goodwill Thrift store. Isn't' she sweet looking?? I got her because of the BONNET! --Love that bonnet!


First, I strip off the clothing and the wig. (Good Lord, look how BIG that head is!)


Next, I give it a few coats of white and grey Gesso. (Gesso is a good first layer, as it sticks to the clay doll paint, and helps additional coats of acrylics stick.) Instead of adding acrylics, I kept going with the grey gesso. Then, added black gesso around the eyes and shadows. I was going to paint her horrific, with wild eyes and lots of cracks, -- but I liked how sad she looked, so I stopped. I even went back and added a little blush to her cheeks.


I took all her clothes and dipped them in a bath of black RIT dye. I was surprised how much of the clothing took the dye, as these costumes are usually made of cheap polyester cloth (polyester doesn't dye too well.) Even the lace dyed black! (I had to color the vinyl shoes with a black marker pen, as vinyl doesn't dye.)



Usually, I ruin the wig and give it a bad haircut, But I kept this wig the way it was. I trimmed the bangs to show more of the face. But I wanted to keep those sweet "sausage curls" the way they are.


Happy Halloween!

-AB



2 comments:

Northbrook Designs said...

I love how you repurpose the dolls. The kids must really love your house on Halloween....

Arley said...

Thanks!