WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Thursday, October 3, 2019

"ALICE"

Hi All,
Here's the last doll I made for Roger's Gardens Halloween event, titled "Malice in Wonderland". (See their site HERE.)

The "ALICE" doll was pretty straight forward, as everyone knows what Alice is supposed to look like. I didn't want to stray too far from the original concept.

To fit with the theme, I did make Alice a bit more creepy than what people expect. I gave her dark eyes with a blank expression -- like she is in a daze. All of her trim is black, to keep the "dark" theme.


The "Alice in Wonderland" story has lots of props to go with each of the characters, and I tried to include as many as I could. So, I gave Alice the little magic potion bottle that shrinks her. And the key to the little door hangs around her neck. And, I gave her a toy rabbit to hold. I had to "break down" and distress the stuffed rabbit to make it look old and worn (I even removed one of it's button eyes).


I "dirty-ed" her white apron a bit with some beige stamping ink, and frayed the edges here and there.

I didn't take many WIP photos, as she was made just like the other two characters. Her hair is an acrylic wig I bought from a doll store.


Here are all three -- Alice, the Hatter, and the Red Queen:

Have fun!



No comments: