WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Monday, November 12, 2012

MINI "DEAD" DANCERS

I know it's after Halloween & Day of the Dead, but I was playing around with these little plastic skeletons (from the dollar store). I was posing them, and making them dance on the table, so I decided to make some Can-Can Dancers.

LOVE the Can-Can! I love the costumes and the fun dance poses they are in."Moulin Rouge" -(both versions- the 1952 John Houston, and the newer 2001 Baz Luhrmann films) are favorite movies.

Here's a work-in-process. I have to cut up the skeleton and hot-glue it back together. I glue a wire up the supporting leg, up the spine, all the way to the head to support her. I started painting her (I'm only painting the parts that show):
 
These skeletons are about 5-1/2 inches tall. Here's a finished one. (I put my hand in the photo for scale.)


 
I plan to make a whole chorus of them. Fun, but a little creepy, huh?