WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Monday, October 15, 2012

NEW CANDLESTICK DOLL

I just finished another "Candlestick Diva" doll. I call her "VAMP DIVA". She's based very much in the Art Deco period - very Erte, yes? (Erte was a popular illustrator in the teens, 20's & 30's -- do a search of his name.)
 

She has false eyelashes -- which I love to add to the eyes. I don't do the eyelashes too often, as they are fragile, and don't ship too well. I really have to glue them down with several coats.

 

2 comments:

Machele O'Dufaigh said...

She is fantastic, I do so love Art Deco. The way you've tied the candlestick and the doll together is inspired. She's a DIVA daling! Gorgeous work Arley.

Arley said...

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like her. She was a lot of work, but I think the results were worth it.