WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Friday, April 12, 2019

GETTING READY FOR HALLOWEEN WITH GHOSTS

Hi All,
I haven't posted for a while. It isn't because I haven't been busy -- I have. But, I can't share what I'm working on until fall. But, I have started on my Halloween dolls. I've been working on some more "Dearly Departed" Ghost dolls.

So, for my ghosts ladies, I start with a wooden candlestick and glue a large base to the bottom for stability. I've patterned the torso in a way that makes it lean forward slightly. (Just to make it easy for me, I glue on pom-poms to make the breasts.)

I make a tight "slip" of some stretchy silver fabric that helps hold the torso to the candlestick, and helps hide the base. Then comes a tulle petticoat to help hold out the skirt.

Over that, I start to build the dress. I am building the skirts with multiple layers. The first, and longest layer is gray. Next is a silver or iridescent color. These photos are all of various phases.

Over that is a white sparkly layer, and finally a sheer layer of the finished dress.

I love using lots of textures, mixing sheers with opaque fabrics. I want my ghost ladies to be "sparkly iridescent visions" floating about, looking for their final home. I'm looking for an "incandescent" quality to my fabric choices.

More later.
Have fun!

3 comments:

Gay And Alive said...

Where did you acquire that gorgeous white embroidered lace on the far left doll in process. I have looked everywhere for that scale
Randyghobbs@gmail.com

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are creating a lot of anticipation here. These are going to be great. Love your fabrics.
Carol

Arley said...

Thanks! The lace came from my local JoAnns. I just bought it a month ago. I love fabrics! That's why I make dolls -- so I can use as many fabrics as I can in one piece.