WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

FOLLIES SHOWGIRL FOR SALE

Hi All,
I've been working on a new pattern, titled "Follies Showgirl". It will be a vintage showgirl from the first half of the 20th century (1920-1940). I've been making samples to get the pattern right. Here's one I finished:


This sample is for sale on my Etsy site (here).

I'm having fun designing her. There is a trick to designing a doll pattern verses a one-of-a-kind art doll. With a pattern, you have to simplify it a bit. And, when I'm dressing her, I can't use vintage jewelry or hard-to-find items. Everything I use has to be easily found.


I'm doing two versions of this Showgirl-- one with feathers, and one without. I realize that feathers may not be easily obtained in all areas of the country/world, and that there are people who are unfamiliar with working with feathers.


So, this one is made with bridal tulle & ribbon ruffles.


Here's my first sample, using feathers.


I did a lot of tweaking to this first sample, and ended up making a few changes.


I would like to make one more sample before releasing the pattern. I'm thinking the next sample should have a black & gold costume -- or, white & silver? The new pattern should be out in a few months!


Have fun! -AB

1 comment:

Zia Joey said...

Love the showgirls Arley. I am on vacation in Toronto visiting family and I will be going to the Quinlan Doll and Teddy show in Philly next weekend. Will you be there?