WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Sunday, February 14, 2016

STARTING A NEW DOLL

Hi All,
Thanks to all of you who took the time to check out my new website. I appreciate that a great deal.

I started a new doll -- it's a "theater doll", for lack of a better name. The top of the doll will be a basic torso doll, and the bottom half will be a theater, complete with actors performing (I hope).

Here's some work-in-progress photos:

I started by building a basic theater out of a wooden box glued to a larger wooden lid (from Michael's), dressed up with some decorative molding & wooden "appliques".

Here it is, painted black & gold. The backdrop is an architectural drawing I found on-line and printed on card stock.

Here's the torso added. I added some padding to the top, so the skirt would hang correctly. 


Next, comes the skirt. I chose dark red velvet, as the skirt will also be the curtains for the theater. (Red velvet trimmed in gold fringe is what I think of when it comes to theater curtains.)


And now, I've started on the bodice and sleeves.

That's as far as I've got. The face will be a face-mask, cast in paper clay. And, I will have to make the miniature actors for the stage.

Stayed tuned for more photos.
Have fun!

4 comments:

Romona King said...

Arley, that is going to be magnificent. It's already looking that way. Wow...Now I can't wait to see how it finishes up. Is it a custom order or class, or just for Arley's own collection.

Arley said...

Hi Romona,
I'm glad you like the new doll. It isn't for anything special, just a new doll. I decided I need to create one "big" doll a year. Hopefully, I'll get it published in a doll magazine. Thanks for the support!!

Maria Roxborough said...

Wonderfully extravagant as always Arley!

Arley said...

Thanks Maria!