I'm working on a new pattern, and have body parts everywhere! I'm working on a new "opera singer" pattern for a class I'm giving in England at the end of the year. It will be based on my "She Sang, It's Over" opera doll I did for the Hoffman Challenge 2 years ago.
But, this time I want to add legs to her, (the original was a stump doll), and make her breasts larger (I was never happy with the size of the bosom on the original)
Here are some of the body prototypes:
After making several bodies, I've decided to go with the "all-in-one" version. -Yes, the feet are "turned out" like a ballet dancer, but it's much easier to sew, stuff, and put armature wire in. (Besides, you won't see the feet after the skirt is on.)
I have decided if I want bigger boobs, they would have to be made separate, and sewn on by hand. (They're too large to pattern into the body.)
I picked the prototype on the far left.
Then, I had to pattern the arms and head to fit the body proportions.
So, this is what I have so far: (I want to make her a little taller, not quite so "squat" looking)
This time, I'm re-designing the costume as well. I'm going for a more traditional, classic opera costume:
More to come.....