The marionette characters are roughed out some more. Plus, I think she'll end up with tiny glasses. (The wood hand control & strings for the puppets will go on last.)
But, no time to finish her right now. I have to move on to my next project -- the "Treasures of the Gypsy" challenge. This year's theme is "Masquerade Ball". It's due at the end of Sept, (I think). Although I don't participate in the judged competition, I will send in a doll just for the exhibit at the Houston Quilt Festival.
Here's my idea: Goblin Masquerade. It's a take on that wonderful masquerade ball scene in "Labyrinth"-- where all the extravagantly elegant & decadent guests are wearing horrible goblin masks. Only, my idea is a horribly ugly Goblin wearing a elegant lady mask. (I love using the juxtaposition of beauty & ugly together in one piece.)
Here's a quick sketch of the basic concept:
This rough sketch tells me if my idea will work. Plus, I decide on the basic silhouette of the costume.
Then, I got my fabric from Gypsy Pamela. ---The challenge is to use fabric from the Treasures of the Gypsy to make a doll with.
I mixed her new fabric with the rest of my "Gypsy" stash of fabrics (I've collected fabrics & trims from the Treasures of the Gypsy for many years.) Armed with my chosen fabrics, I am able to make a finished sketch, rendering the colors & fabrics:
After the dress colors are chosen, I could decide on the color of the Goblin lady's skin. I was thinking of an olive green skin, but changed it to a dirty beige/brown color, so it would stand out against the green dress.
Now, on to making the doll!