WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Friday, October 18, 2013

GOBLIN MASQUERADE

Here's the finished doll, titled "Goblin Masquerade". I sent this to Texas for the Houston Quilt Festival (first week in Nov) to be in the Treasures of the Gypsy Doll display.

 


The doll is all cloth, mounted on a candlestick base. The face is paper clay sculpted over the cloth head. The mask is also paper clay.
 
The center of the dress is an embroidered lace with sequins over a layer of orange silk. Which, turns out to look like reptile scales -- cool accident!

4 comments:

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

The costuming is truly amazing. Your costume maker experience shows in the quality of the garment and design. I hope one day to learn such fabulous skills. What is the headdress made from/with?

Arley said...

The headdress is from "Treasures of the Gypsy", (as is everything on the doll). It was a small ornate fan made of tiny peacock feathers with metal "swirls" all over (made in India). I just stuck it to the back of her head & wraped more trim around it. There's a smaller version of the same fan in the headdress of the "pretty face" mask.
Thanks for asking!

Ginger said...

Love her! I've been thinking about doing a Masquerade doll for a while now. Maybe I will someday.

Ginger said...

I'm working on my second "Madame" doll, my Mother loved the first one I make for her.