WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Friday, June 21, 2013

STARTING NEW DOLL

I've been resting up after teaching at the CIFI conference, and now I'm ready to get back to work. I've started a doll that's been noodling around in my brain for a few years. It will be an Opera Singer. She's a "plus-size" gal, with an open mouth.

I've been experimenting with open mouth dolls -- they can be tricky to do. (These photos show the basic stuffed head -- I haven't done any sculpting yet.)

Here's the basic body, all pinned together:

I'm really liking her body. The pattern is a combination of my "Fairy Godmother" & "Troll Queen" patterns. I decided, for time sake, to make her a stump doll, so I wouldn't have to deal with legs, a stand, & interior armature.

She might be something for the Hoffman Challenge, -- if I get it done in time (only 3 weeks until the deadline!!!)

No comments: