Friday, June 21, 2013


I've been resting up after teaching at the CIFI conference, and now I'm ready to get back to work. I've started a doll that's been noodling around in my brain for a few years. It will be an Opera Singer. She's a "plus-size" gal, with an open mouth.

I've been experimenting with open mouth dolls -- they can be tricky to do. (These photos show the basic stuffed head -- I haven't done any sculpting yet.)

Here's the basic body, all pinned together:

I'm really liking her body. The pattern is a combination of my "Fairy Godmother" & "Troll Queen" patterns. I decided, for time sake, to make her a stump doll, so I wouldn't have to deal with legs, a stand, & interior armature.

She might be something for the Hoffman Challenge, -- if I get it done in time (only 3 weeks until the deadline!!!)

No comments: