WITCH CRAFTS

WITCH CRAFTS

Thursday, June 7, 2012

SEA HAG FOR CIFI

I'M FINISHING A NEW DOLL FOR THE "CREATIONS IN FIBER, INC" (CIFI) DOLL CONFERENCE THIS MONTH IN NEW MEXICO. THE THEME OF THE CONFERENCE IS "UNDER THE SEA". I'LL BE TEACHING A MERMAID DOLL, SO I WANTED TO MAKE SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR THE DOLL DISPLAY.

THIS IS THE "SEA HAG" IN HER ROUGH BEGINNINGS. INSTEAD OF MAKING A FULL CLOTH BODY, I DID A SIMPLE WIRE ARMATURE WRAPPED IN BATTING & FABRIC. (I'M WORKING FAST, AND THE BODY WON'T SHOW UNDER HER LARGE COSTUME OF DRAPED FABRICS).

THE HEAD IS SCULPTED OF PAPER CLAY (WITH DOLL EYES), WHILE THE HANDS ARE STITCHED IN FABRIC & STUFFED.

HERE'S ANOTHER WORK-IN-PROGRESS PHOTO. THE HEAD & HANDS ARE PAINTED, HER WOOL HAIR IS GLUED ON, AND HER UNDER-TUNIC IS PUT TOGETHER.



THE WALKING STICK IS A PIECE OF WIRE WRAPPED IN ALUMINUM FOIL WITH PAPER CLAY.

No comments: